Adding this to my DVR.
When I kicked NCIS to the must see TV curb - I was worried that I wouldn't find anything to fill the void - looks like those fears were unfounded.
So much to look forward to this season. I like it!
|You're viewing dragonheart's journal|
Create a Dreamwidth Account Learn More
I was blown away by Season One of Showtime's Homeland. It really is a shame that this show is not on network TV so that more people could enjoy it. If you get the opportunity to watch it, please give it a try - you will be in for a rare treat.
One word of caution: this show is NOT for the casual viewer - the twists, turns and pacing does not lend itself to hit and miss viewing - you will be lost - totally - if you don't watch every episode and pay careful attention. Which is exactly what I love about this show - you can't predict where it's going.
About the time, you think you have it figured out - another plot point opens up that discounts previous thinking. It's layer upon layer - both in terms of the plot and the character development. It's one story arc - not episode specific like we see with most weekly procedurals.
Some thoughts on Season One and the finale:
( Spoilery Stuff )
I am one of those NCIS fans who hasn’t seen very many episodes from S1 and S2 – I didn’t start watching until S3 and never had time to go back and catch up -- although I have watched some of them, so I am not completely clueless to the happenings in the early days of the show. But, I have to admit that I am far from well versed in these two seasons
My friend nakeisha loves S1 & S2, after reading some of her comments and posts, I have decided that I am going to go back and watch all the episodes during hiatus – and I am watching them in order.
I started last night with 1.1 Yankee White – the pilot episode.
Here are some of the things I noticed:
· Gibbs has been building boats from the beginning – first scene that we see of him he is in his basement sanding a boat
· It’s a two man field team (Gibbs and Tony)
· Gibbs smiles A LOT and has a sense of humor about most things
· The rules have been around from the beginning
· Ducky has always had his little anecdotes
· Tony was competent – but fun
· Gibbs flirted with Kate (oh yes, he did – it was subtle – but it was there)
· Abby wasn’t quite as gothic or quirky
· Abby looked about 10 lbs heavier (and it looked good on her – she’s way too thin now)
· Gibbs was a movie buff – He knew a lot about the movie Executive Decision set aboard Air Force One.
· Fornell has been around since the beginning and he and Gibbs didn’t know each other (not sure how the shared ex-wife plays into that – I am a bit confused on that timeline – maybe subsequent episodes will clear that up for me)
· Gerald was Ducky’s assistant
· The gag that no one has ever heard of NCIS (the agency) has been around since the beginning
· Director Tom Morrow ROCKED – I didn’t know what we were missing in a Director until I saw him
I am excited about watching the episodes that I haven’t seen and re-watching the episode that I have seen with “fresh eyes”.
A good way to get my NCIS fix over the hiatus!